Anadrol is a very powerful and swift-acting steroid to kick-start muscle and strength gains at the beginning of a bulking cycle. It is not recommended for women, and even for men its use is restricted to a short period of time. It is pertinent for a user to know how to use Anadrol, whether it is in oral or injectable form. At least the basics in regard to understanding what the drug is and how it works in the body to produce results is necessary information for all Anadrol users.
What can you expect from Anadrol?
- Increased potential for accelerated muscle mass development
- Enhanced nitrogen balance and nitrogen retention in muscles
- Boost in red blood cell production (erythropoiesis)
Knowing the effects of Anadrol is only the first step for proper medication. It is essential that all safeguards are strictly adhered to. The precautions for using Anadrol are:
- Women should be observed for signs of virilization. To prevent irreversible change, drug therapy must be discontinued when mild virilism is first detected. Some virilizing changes in women are irreversible even after prompt discontinuance of therapy and are not prevented by concomitant use of estrogens.
- The insulin or oral hypoglycemic dosage may need adjustment in diabetic patients who receive anabolic steroids.
- Women with disseminated breast carcinoma should have frequent determination of urine and serum calcium levels during the course of androgenic anabolic steroid therapy
- Because of the hepatoxicity associated with the use of 17-alpha-alkylated androgens, liver function tests should be obtained periodically.
- Periodic (every 6 months) x-ray examinations of bone age should be made during treatment of prepubertal patients to determine the rate of bone maturation and the effects of androgenic anabolic steroid therapy on the epiphyseal centers.
- Serum lipids and high-density lipoprotein cholesterol should be determined periodically.
- Hemoglobin and hematocrit should be checked periodically for polycythemia in patients who are receiving high doses of anabolic.
- Because iron deficiency anemia has been observed in some patients treated with oxymetholone, periodic determination of the serum iron and iron binding capacity is recommended. If iron deficiency is detected, it should be appropriately treated with supplementary iron.
- Even though conclusive supporting data is missing, geriatric patients treated with androgens may be at an increased risk of developing prostatic hypertrophy and prostatic carcinoma
- Impairment of fertility was not tested directly in animal species. However, oligospermia in males and amenorrhea in females are potential adverse effects of treatment with ANADROL Tablets. Therefore, impairment of fertility is a possible outcome of treatment with ANADROL Tablets.
- It is not known whether anabolic are excreted in human milk. Because of the potential for serious adverse reactions in nursed infants from anabolic, women who take oxymetholone should not nurse.
- Anabolic steroids should be used very cautiously in children and only by specialists who are aware of their effects on bone maturation.
- Anabolic agents may accelerate epiphyseal maturation more rapidly than linear growth in children, and the effect may continue for 6 months after the drug has been stopped. Therefore, therapy should be monitored by x-ray studies at 6-month intervals in order to avoid the risk of compromising the adult height.
- Although reported clinical experience has not identified differences in responses between the elderly and younger patients, in general, dose selection for an elderly patient should be cautious, usually starting at the low end of the dosing range, reflecting the greater frequency of decreased hepatic, renal, or cardiac function, and of concomitant disease or other drug therapy.
- When learning how to take Anadrol in solid or liquid form, pay attention to dosage recommendations.
- Dosage suggestions and dosage frequency recommendations by bodybuilders are often excessive.
- Always start out at the lowest dose possible for efficacy and gauge how the body reacts to it.
- Anadrol 50 mg tablets are the most common and readily available form of Anadrol. Some bodybuilders recommend that beginners split the tablet in half for a 25 mg strength taken once a day to start.